Home >Certified PUWER assessor qualification
Certified PUWER assessor qualification
22 November 2018
Spiers Engineering Safety offers what is reported to be the only qualification in PUWER Inspection and Machine Risk Assessment in the UK. The course offers a practical element, allowing the learner to carry out an assessment on an industrial machine, giving the learner a real feel for carrying out a PUWER inspection.
PUWER ‘98 applies to all work equipment, especially mobile and lifting equipment. It applies to all workplaces where the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSW Act) applies. All work equipment must regular PUWER inspections carried out at set intervals.
This qualification is designed to develop and confirm advanced level inspection skills and knowledge for the learners who have responsibilities in the workplace for PUWER inspection of work equipment.
Using Spiers Engineering Safety's RiskMach software, the learner will carry out the machine risk assessment on a tablet, enabling the data to be generated in a report format.
Who is it aimed at?
- It is ideal for those with technical responsibilities in the workplace including technicians, team leaders, supervisors and health and safety practitioners.
- The qualification is designed to assess the skills and understanding of the learner to inspect work equipment in accordance with PUWER 98, in a learning environment.
- This 3 day course, involves a mixture of classroom learning, theory assessment and carrying out a practical risk assessment on an industrial machine.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Carry out inspections and report findings in accordance with PUWER 98 guidance (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
- Understand the requirements and implementation of PUWER 98
- Understand the principles of risk assessment as a result of PUWER 98 inspections
- Understand how to identify control measures using hierarchy of control and European standards
What are the benefits?
- Carry out your own PUWER inspections. There’s no need to source a machine safety consultancy do carry them for you.
- Have control over your own PUWER processes – set your own PUWER inspections at set intervals
- Your managers, engineers, technicians, team leaders and H&S professionals will be able to ensure that statutory requirements for inspection are met and that the risks on work equipment are identified and controlled in line with best practice and the law. This may avoid an accident in the future but will also provide evidence of systematic risk assessment and risk reduction which, in the event of a claim following an accident, would drastically reduce your company’s contributory negligence.
For information or to book click here