10 July 2017
B&R is now ABB's global centre for machine and factory automation. Following approval by EU competition authorities, the acquisition became legally effective on 6th July 2017. [Read More]
EDITOR'S PICK - View More Editor's Pick
- Brush strip cable entry
- Trelleborg joins Smart Data Innovation Lab
- Control upgrades
- Calculating the value of automation
- Greater production line control & efficiency
- Affordable machine health monitoring
- When & where will Industry 4.0 actually happen?
- British engineers create indoor wheelchair trainer
Since first finding commercial success in the early 1970s, PLCs (programmable logic controllers) have been at heart of many production lines, machine functions and processes. An industrial computer system that continuously monitors the state of input devices and makes decisions to control the state of output devices, a PLC can greatly enhance any application.