27 February 2024
AUSTRIA'S SPRINGER Group specialises in machinery and conveying systems for the timber industry. Its offerings include the E-CUT 200, the first electrically operated beltless trimmer. The company turned to WEG, the motion drives specialist, to help it develop the machine’s beltless drive. [Read More]
EDITOR'S PICK - View More Editor's Pick
- IIoT capabilities added
- Building and production data integrated
- Going the last mile with robotic parcel sorting
- Engineering cobot drives for reliability and efficiency
- Knowledge hubs focus on new tech
- What is a digital twin and why does it matter?
- Factories care about outcomes
- Drives & Controls joins Smart Manufacturing & Engineering Week
Since first finding commercial success in the early 1970s, PLCs (programmable logic controllers) have been at heart of many production lines, machine functions and processes. An industrial computer system that continuously monitors the state of input devices and makes decisions to control the state of output devices, a PLC can greatly enhance any application.