Motor-drive troubleshooting simplified
13 November 2018
Fluke has introduced two new motor drive analysers to simplify complex motor-drive troubleshooting. The portable Fluke MDA-510 and MDA-550 Motor Drive Analyzers save time and eliminate the hassle of setting up complex measurements, while simplifying the troubleshooting process.
Guided graphical test set-ups show where to make connections and a built-in report generator provides records of actions taken. The user selects a test and the step-by-step guided measurements show where to make voltage and current connections, while the preset measurement profiles ensure the capture of all the data needed for each critical motor-drive section - from the input to the output, the DC bus, and the motor itself.
From basic to advanced measurements, the MDA-500 Series provides the solutions, and with a built-in report generator as-found, and as-left reports can quickly and easily be generated with confidence.
The MDA-510 and MDA-550 are reported to be the ideal portable motor-drive analysis test tools and can help safely locate and troubleshoot typical problems on inverter type motor-drive systems. They can:
- Measure key motor-drive parameters including voltage, current, DC Bus voltage level and AC ripple, voltage and current unbalance and harmonics (MDA-550), voltage modulation, and motor shaft voltage discharges (MDA-550).
- Perform extended harmonics measurements to identify the effects of low and high order harmonics on the electrical power system.
- Conduct guided measurements for motor-drive input, DC bus, drive output, motor input and shaft measurements (MDA-550) with graphical step-by-step voltage and current connection diagrams.
- Use simplified measurement setup with preset measurement profiles to automatically trigger data collection based on the chosen test procedure.
- Create reports quickly and easily for documenting troubleshooting and collaborative work with others.
- Measure additional electrical parameters with the full 500MHz oscilloscope, meter and recording capability for a complete range of electrical and electronic measurements on industrial systems.
Information about all Fluke products can be obtained via the Fluke web site at www.fluke.co.uk.