Home >Modular DC UPS system uses maintenance-free supercaps as energy storage
Modular DC UPS system uses maintenance-free supercaps as energy storage
07 February 2019
The new modular UPSV UPS system for 12VDC and 24VDC from Bicker Elektronik is available with maintenance-free supercaps (ultra- and supercapacitors) as energy storage (BP-SUC) and reliably protects DC consumers against voltage fluctuations, flicker, burglary or failure the supply voltage.
In contrast to conventional batteries, supercaps are charged very fast, operate in the extended temperature range and convince with a high current-carrying capacity, power density and reliability. Due to the high cycle stability (> 500,000 charge and discharge cycles) , energy storage devices with supercaps have a particularly long service life. For the supplied application, this means an increase in long-term availability while minimizing the maintenance effort.
With the UPSI system, Bicker Elektronik offers a modular and integrated solution with safe and durable battery technologies and designs. In addition to the maintenance-free supercap energy storage systems described here, LiFePO4 battery packs with high energy density are also available. Combined with the sophisticated features of the intelligent DC UPS control unit and bespoke software, it creates a complete system with added value for demanding customers and applications.
All features at a glance:
- DC-UPS (Open-Frame) for 12V and 24V
- Maintenance-free supercaps as energy storage (BP-SUC)
- High cycle stability> 500,000
- Intelligent PowerSharing (loader / load)
- Regulated output voltage
- Shutdown by external signal
- Reboot and timer function
- Minimum load detection and battery disconnection
- Charging Indicator
- Battery start function and hot swap
- Extended temperature range -20 ... + 70 ° C
- Interfaces USB, RS232, I2C
- Suitable for 24/7 continuous operation
- Long-term availability at least 5 years
- 3 years warranty