ACCON-OPC-Server UA now with SINUMERIK support
26 October 2022
WITH THE release of version 1.1, Delta Logic's powerful ACCON-OPC-Server UA software now additionally supports SINUMERIK controllers for machine tools. The new version also offers high levels of security.
The update to the version 1.1 extends the functional range by two innovations: Firstly, the server now supports CNC controllers of the SINUMERIK series; version 1.1 also enables the migration of older OPC servers from DELTA LOGIC, Softing and Helmholz for Siemens S7 and S5 environments to the new OPC standard Unified Architecture (OPC UA) 1.04, providing addtional data security.
The current version now supports the SINUMERIK 840D solutionline, SINUMERIK 840D powerline and 810D powerline and thus offers many advantages:
- SINUMERIK-controlled machines can be addressed via OPC UA
- Determining the utilisation and availability of CNC machines
- Monitoring and recording of machine data such as operating mode, torques, power consumption, axis positions
- Display of the running NC program, number of generated parts and access level
- Access to tool data like magazine, tool correction data, tool monitoring data
- Readout of R-parameter, override, number of pending alarms
- Information for predictive maintenance
- Data source for monitoring (dashboard) of the machine, e.g. machine status, program status, cycle time, number of pieces, operating hours, OEE.
SINUMERIK users also get access to more than 4000 NC variables and user data (GUD), as well as to data of the SINUMERIK PLC. The CNC software itself does not require any modification, nor is a Siemens license necessary.
For users of a 'classic' OPC DA server (regardless of the manufacturer) DELTA LOGIC offers attractive upgrade offers. Use and validity of the previous software license remain unaffected; nevertheless, DELTA LOGIC recommends switching to the new standard of the future for higher security and offers a free demo version with a runtime of 72 hours. For users who already use a license of ACCON-OPC-Server UA, the upgrade to version 1.1 is free of charge.