NI CompactRIO redesigned
08 August 2013
National Instruments has launched the new cRIO-9068 software-designed controller, which is completely redesigned but maintains full NI LabVIEW and I/O compatibility with the CompactRIO platform.
The controller integrates state-of-the-art technologies including the Xilinx Zynq-7020 All Programmable system on a chip (SoC), which combines a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor and Xilinx 7 Series FPGA fabric.
Based on the LabVIEW reconfigurable I/O (RIO) architecture, the new CompactRIO controller helps meet any demanding embedded control and monitoring task without wasting development time and cost. Engineers and scientists worldwide use the CompactRIO platform to build systems that range from suppressing fires on cargo airplanes, through generating electricity via the flight of tethered kites, to precisely stacking 20t of wet concrete.
- Feature of the new controller include:
- Four times faster performance than previous generations, powered by a 667 MHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor and Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA
- New Linux-based, real-time OS that provides greater flexibility for both LabVIEW Real-Time and C/C++ application developers
- Extended operating temperature range of -40 to 70°C
- Consistent LabVIEW programming experience that ensures both new and existing designs take full advantage of updated technology with minimal effort.
The cRIO-9068 controller, programmed with LabVIEW system design software, enables engineers and scientists to use a single, graphical development environment to take advantage of improved hardware performance. LabVIEW 2013 support for the NI Linux Real-Time OS gives developers access to a rich set of community-sourced libraries and applications to augment their control and monitoring systems. LabVIEW 2013 also offers expanded connectivity options including improved web service creation and secure, industry-standard WebDAV browser-based file management.
- Introduction to embedded control and monitoring webcast
- National Instruments & AWR – RF and Microwave Symposium – Register Now!
- MAKE SURE YOU CATCH THE RIGHT BUS
- Helps enable seamless test operations & data management
- World's first RF Vector Signal Transceiver redefines instrumentation
- NI Summer of LabVIEW webcast series
- Online condition monitoring
- NIDays 2013 Understanding the UK’s Transmission Network
- NI recognises Alliance Partner CIM Industrial Systems as Vision Specialty Partner
- IP67 edge nodes for IIoT