Home >High speed reading of stamped, etched or printed 1D/2D codes
High speed reading of stamped, etched or printed 1D/2D codes
20 April 2017
The Boa Spot integrated vision sensor from Teledyne DALSA now features a versatile new high speed code reading algorithm. This not only increases reading speeds by a factor of up to 10, but offers enhanced capabilities for more difficult direct part marking applications. These include codes produced using dot peening or laser of chemical etching methods.
In addition to this enhanced code reading capability, the low cost Boa Spot offers a host of advanced tools for inspections where code reading just isn’t enough. These include reading of printed text, verifying the position and content of labels, or verifying the presence, absence and integrity of features on parts. Typical applications are part and product traceability, packaging verification, product marking verification, product quality verification, assembly verification and logistics management.
Boa Spot provides robust decoding of most 1D barcode and 2D matrix code symbologies, such as:
- Code 11, 32, 39, 93, 128, I25, UPC-A/E, EAN-8/13, Databar, BC412, Pharmacode and more
- Data matrix (ECC200), QR Code, PDF417, MicroPDF and more
Built-in image filters and control parameters enhance readability for all types of code. These parameters can be optimized not only for poorly printed, low contrast, noisy, warped, and damaged barcodes but also for codes marked directly onto components. Robust algorithms are provided for:
- Dark on light dot peened codes
- Light on dark dot peened codes
- Laser and chemically etched codes
Data Matrix and QR codes with damaged or missing finder patterns can also be read reliably and multiple barcodes can be decoded in the same image region of interest.
Boa Spot is perfect for factory floor deployment with built-in Ethernet factory communication protocols, versatile I/O for control and interfacing, flexible mounting options and a slim line form factor. It is supplied as an all-in-one product complete with 640x480 or 1280x960 sensor resolution and fully integrated optics and LED illumination. The different sensor resolution and lens options allow matching of the field of view and desired working distance. Easy set up is via a web browser and a suite of support utilities is provided to centrally view and manage multiple cameras across a factory.
For further information vist www.stemmer-imaging.co.uk or email email@example.com
- IDS & Stemmer Imaging end collaboration
- New video gives introduction to machine vision
- CVS Hyperinspect – a complete system for industrial hyperspectral imaging
- UK Vision Technology Forum: Videos available
- Multi-camera machine vision
- Stemmer Imaging acquires Data Vision
- HD Machine Vision
- Line scan technology even further extended
- Scalable machine vision systems
- Machine vision evaluation essentials – buy two get one free!
- No related articles listed