Home >Workplace synchronicity workshop
Workplace synchronicity workshop
14 January 2016
LG Motion is hosting a half day workshop covering workplace synchronicity at its Basingstoke headquarters on 18th February.
5S is widely used to define individual workplace layout but its true power is in the creation of synchronicity between shop floor processes including:
- Planning, booking in, kitting, material control
- Workplace layout, organisation, flow and productivity
- Rapid customer order fulfilment cycles
- QA checks, in process testing/auditing
- Training of personnel including temporary workers/agency staff.
The half day workshop provides an overview of:
- The theory and practice of developing synchronous workplace processes;
- Process steps to engage those in the work place with the systematic evolution of better ways of working. An essential enabler to high performance teamwork.
The workshop also includes practical workplace fixture design activities on the LG Motion shop floor using Minitec aluminium profile shop floor "furniture" to experiment with layout options.
Aimed at managers, team leaders and change agents tasked with the reduction of shop floor waste and non-value added activities through the engagement of shop floor personnel, the course costs £100+VAT, which includes all course materials, refreshments and lunch.