|Home>||AUTOMATION||>Robots||>FANUC to supply Ford plant in Cologne with 500 robots|
FANUC to supply Ford plant in Cologne with 500 robots
05 July 2021
FANUC HAS received a major order to supply the Cologne plant of Ford with around 500 robots to assist in the construction of electric car bodies.
The Ford manufacturing facility in Cologne is currently undergoing transition into the Ford Cologne Electrification Center, a development and production site for electric vehicles that will serve the entire European market. In 2023, the carmaker expects its first purely electric high-volume passenger model to roll off the plant’s production line. Ford has also announced that it will only offer battery-electric passenger cars in Europe from 2030.
"FANUC has a lot of experience in robotics for e-mobility applications," says Ralf Winkelmann, managing director of FANUC Germany. "We are very pleased that we can accompany Ford in this forward-looking transformation."
The deal builds on the working relationship between FANUC and Ford that has been established in the US.
Shinichi Tanzawa, CEO & president of FANUC Europe Corporation is also pleased about this progressive collaboration in the field of e-mobility: "Our robots are known for their reliability and durability. Therefore, we are convinced that they will contribute to low downtime and maintenance costs at Ford's Cologne plant."
- Robot Slims Down & Speeds Up
- Partnership of the year win
- Robot supports contact-free coronavirus mass testing
- Smarter, Faster & More Compact Robot Controller
- Top tips for keeping your workforce safe when working alongside robots
- Paint shop robots
- FANUC moves HQ as part of growth strategy
- Inspiring next generation robotics engineers
- UK must automate to compete on the international stage
- Manufacturers must prioritise TCO when specifying automation
- Balls to Gravity
- ROBOTS GIVE FASTER CELL TOOL CHANGE TIMES
- ROBOT FOR DELICATE ASSEMBLY
- NUMBER OF ROBOTS IN UK ON THE RISE
- The future is bright - The future is automation!
- High Demand For Grant
- FREEBIRD - THE THIRD DIMENSION
- PRECISION ROBOT CELL FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
- THE ROBOTICS PACKAGE
- Long Reach, Easy Teach