|Home>||AUTOMATION||>Robots||>High Demand For Grant|
High Demand For Grant
22 October 2012
The British Automation and Robot Association (BARA) has reported that after the completion of the first year of the government funded Automating Manufacturing programme, 156 applications were received from UK manufacturers,exceeding the best estimations by over 50%. British manufacturers are urged to apply before the government money runs out.
Mike Wilson, chairman of BARA said: "We are delighted with the uptake from industry so far. The UK is one of the nations within Europe that has been slow to adopt the use of automation with a mere 25 robots per 10,000 employees as opposed to 127 per 10,000 employees in Germany.
One of the keys to success in addressing the UK’s budget deficit is increasing the export output from the UK and the way to do this is by making UK manufacturing as efficient as possible.”
- Cross pollination to drive down cost
- Key technologies for the future
- New benchmark for UK robot integrators
- Automation is key to reshoring
- BARA announces ‘Safety Benefits of Robots for Dangerous Tasks and Environments’ roundtable event
- We need to automate more!
- Making the connection
- RMGroup becomes the UK’s first certified robot integrator
- Robotics & Automation 2013
- Automation & sustainability go hand in hand
- Balls to Gravity
- ROBOTS GIVE FASTER CELL TOOL CHANGE TIMES
- ROBOT FOR DELICATE ASSEMBLY
- NUMBER OF ROBOTS IN UK ON THE RISE
- The future is bright - The future is automation!
- More Capacity, Less Space
- FREEBIRD - THE THIRD DIMENSION
- PRECISION ROBOT CELL FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
- THE ROBOTICS PACKAGE
- Long Reach, Easy Teach