|Home>||DRIVES & MOTORS||>Servo Motors & Drives||>Servo safety functions|
Servo safety functions
17 January 2014
New safety features have been added to the Kollmorgen S700 range of servo drives, available from INMOCO.
'Safely Limited Position' (SLP) and 'Safely Limited Increment' (SLI) are available as plug-in modules that connect via the backplane bus with the servo controller hardware. This format ensures that there is no reaction delay or loss of time due to communication factors.
The seamless integration with the S700 controller also aids configuration for 'safe return', as the requirement for two channels can be solved internally within the drives. For example, Safety Integrity Level SIL 3 can be achieved with a single resolver.
MORE FROM THIS COMPANY
- Continuous control for long-life use
- Optimising hygienic actuator design
- Implementing haptic feedback in telerobotic applications
- Motion control: engineering partnerships
- Brush-type DC motor control capability
- Reduce cabling by up to 80%
- 24V options added
- Accurate feedback in arduous conditions
- Accuracy & reliability in tough environments
- Extreme force rod-style electric actuators
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION