|Home>||MACHINE BUILDING & ENGINEERING||>Machinery Safety||>Failsafe Element|
02 November 2012
Users of the new Series 04 Failsafe Emergency-Stop Switching Element from human machine interface expert, EAO, can improve safety for machinery operators.
The failsafe element is self- monitoring and will detect if the stop switch actuator becomes disconnected by accidental damage, negligent assembly or misuse. If there's any defect, the failsafe contact opens and the machinery will behave in the same way as for a normal emergency shutdown routine.
The product will fit any Series 04 emergency-stop or stop switch and is easily retrofitted by snapping on the new element. Three types of connection are possible: push-in terminals (PIT) with cage clamps, or screw and plug-in terminals.
MORE FROM THIS COMPANY
- MAKING SENSE OF SAFETY
- Handwheel Valve Position Indicators
- Modular Heavy Duty Interlocks
- SAFE APPLICATION OF RCDS WITH VSDS
- Requires Little Installation Space
- MACHINE SAFETY IN THE EU
- Versatile Machine-Guarding
- Meets PLe For Series Connected Switches
- Improved Arcing Protection
- Individual Coding & 1000N Holding Force
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION