|Home>||DRIVES & MOTORS||>Variable Speed Drives||>Cutting-edge motor-drive design hub|
Cutting-edge motor-drive design hub
25 May 2023
ARROW ELECTRONICS has published new resources for designing motor drives to meet the latest energy-efficiency requirements, including a dedicated landing page and free white paper, ‘Design Considerations for Embedded Industrial Drives’.
The available resources help designers raise efficiency to meet stringent new classes for AC motors covered by IEC/EN 60034-30-1. These are typically 5-50 kW, line-powered drives with DC bus voltage over 200 V. As the minimum requirement for these is now rising from International Efficiency (IE) class 3 to IE4 and IE5, this means increasing system efficiency from 86.7 percent to 89.5 percent.
The white paper describes motor-control techniques and drive architecture, including commutation methods, power-stage topologies, gate driving, and techniques to mitigate interference. The landing page provides the latest information about motor control ICs, power semiconductors, drivers, protection, and interference suppression, including documentation, reference designs, and product news.
Arrow’s new online resource for high-efficiency motor control is now live and provides a link to register and download the white paper free of charge.
Motor Control Online Resources available here
Whitepaper ‘Design Considerations for Embedded Industrial Drives' available here
- Sellafield drone team to carry out UK technology first
- Groundbreaking flying/driving robot
- Orthotropy & additive manufacturing
- The devil's in the data detail
- Change is on the menu
- UK machinery manufacturers missing out on robot deals
- 3D printing - no threat to automation?
- Made Smarter & LUMS launch leadership programme
- BBC to give all year 7 pupils free pocket-sized computer
- Beyond the quantum limit
- PUMPED UP PERFORMANCE
- SOFT STARTER OR VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE?
- Jeans With Less Energy
- Enhanced to Withstand Tough Environments
- Savings From Improved Torque Ratio & Efficiency
- Modular VSD
- ENERGY SAVING: AN OLD MESSAGE WITH NEW PROMISE
- Updated installation guide for power drive systems
- UK drives manufacturer seals global automation deal
- WEG motors & drives power high-efficiency air blowers